Ways of Opening FoxPro Files (.dbf)
1. Opening through ODBC DSN. Select ADO or BDE interface, then choose ODBC data source option and then select the needed ODBC DSN from the drop-down list. But first, you should create an ODBC DSN of the corresponding type using Windows administrative tools, and point it to the folder with .dbf files.
2. Opening through BDE aliasOpening through BDE alias. Select BDE interface, then choose Alias option and then select the needed alias from the drop-down list. But first, you should create the alias of type STANDARD using BDE Administrator tool and point it to the folder where the files are located.
3. Opening by specifying file name. Select ADO or BDE interface, then choose File option and then browse for the needed file.
4. Opening by specifying folder name. Select BDE interface, then choose Folder option, select a driver from the drop-down list, and then browse for the needed folder.
5. Opening through connection string. Select ADO interface, then choose Connection string option and write a connection string. This way is very flexible and allows to specify many additional parameters in the connection string and override standard Reportizer connection behavior. It is recommended for advanced users. Here are basic connection strings (more examples and details can be found in the Internet):